StarRocks Launches the Industry’s Fastest, Cloud-Native, Real-Time Analytics Engine
Enter Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your one week free trial here.
SAN JOSE, Calif., July 14. 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — StarRocks, a performance leader in real-time business analytics, today announced a cloud-native version of its SQL engine. StarRocks Cloud, a fully managed software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform, dramatically simplifies the delivery of real-time analytics projects and reduces the time to business value creation for enterprises. This new cloud-based offering enables the democratization of real-time analytics to help further accelerate digital transformation strategies.
Founded in 2020, the StarRocks project emerged from the work carried out on the Apache Doris OLAP database. The company has raised over $60 million in venture capital; with its Series B funding closed in February 2021. StarRocks is used by leading organizations in the United States, Europe and Asia, including market leaders Airbnb and Lenovo.
“The demand for faster insights poses several challenges for data infrastructure teams, including uninterrupted data growth, the proliferation of citizen analysts and data scientists, and increasingly cross-environment data pipelines. more fragile and complex,” said Mike Leone, senior analyst, ESG. “StarRocks’ strategy is perfectly aligned to meet these challenges. By leveraging the data they have collected through their digital channels for timely insights, businesses can benefit from data freshness and responsiveness – critical ingredients for digital transformation success.
Next-generation cloud-native database StarRocks is a next-generation cloud-native sub-second OLAP database. Its architecture is specifically designed to support real-time data analysis and a large number of concurrent users; with multi-table join queries. With StarRocks, data engineers can flexibly build different types of models, including flat arrays, star and snowflake schemas. With a unified analytics platform, businesses can easily analyze historical and real-time data and make timely business decisions. Providing modern analytics applications where the latest transaction data is combined with historical records provides the best recommendation and decision making in the application.
“The growing complexity of data volumes and data pipelines, as well as the proliferation of citizen data scientists, are major challenges that prevent companies from being able to fully utilize the massive amounts of data they are now able to collect,” said James Li, co-founder and CEO, StarRocks. “With StarRocks, customers can unite real-time analytics, an OLAP database, and data lake analytics on a single engine, with a single data pipeline.”
A single solution, faster analyzesAs enterprises increase the number of data users in their organization, StarRocks supports this growth with its high concurrency that can support over 10,000 requests per second. StarRocks offers full real-time data support, including data ingestion at speeds of 100 MB/s per node.
Cloud offering benefits include:
- Reduced administrative overhead and total cost of ownership – StarRocks Cloud is a fully managed StarRocks SaaS platform that eliminates administrative work that must be done by customers
- Fastest time to value – Customers don’t need to provision hardware infrastructure or download software
- Powerful SQL Analytics Engine as a Service – StarRocks Cloud delivers industry-leading query performance – with benchmark test results showing a 3-5x performance boost over other vendors
- Extending Simplicity and Ease of Use – StarRocks Cloud dramatically simplifies the typically complex requirements of real-time cloud analytics, eliminating complex data pipelines and denormalized tables
- BYOC (Bring your own Cloud) – Securely integrates with existing data infrastructure for seamless and secure operations
StarRocks brings it all together in a single solution that makes enterprise-scale analytics faster, real-time capable, and cost-effective — backed by the following innovations:
- 360° real-time data with data ingestion from streaming (Apache Kafka), support for real-time updates, real-time pre-aggregation using a materialized view, and query performance in real time
- Cost-Based Optimizer – The cornerstone of distributed joining of multiple tables in distributed environments when executing queries
- Native vectorized query engine – Provides efficient pipeline execution leveraging massive parallelism of CPU cores and a layer of memory and storage that enables 3x to 5x faster than ClickHouse, Apache Druid, and Apache Pinot
- Pipeline Execution – Take full advantage of CPU cores for parallel processing
- Intelligent Materialized View – Seamless Query Acceleration
- Resource management – No uncontrollable request can bring down the cluster
- Data Lake Analytics – High performance data lake analytics without ETL is also possible and is 3x faster than other leading open source products
- 100% SQL compatible with MySQL client protocol – Out-of-the-box support for all major BI tools
Availablity StarRock’s Cloud will be generally available in Q3 2022 on Amazon AWS, with Google Cloud Platform support to follow. More details here. Tweet this: @StarRocks launches the industry’s fastest, cloud-native, real-time analytics engine https://github.com/StarRocks/starrocks
About StarRocksFounded in 2020, StarRocks provides a real-time SQL engine that offers data-driven businesses a cost-effective, cloud-native way to achieve faster real-time analytics. In addition to real-time analytics, StarRocks helps data teams manage data analytics challenges by offering OLAP analytics, custom reports, ad hoc analytics, unified analytics, and high concurrency queries. Used around the world by market-leading brands including Airbnb, Lenovo, and Trip.com, StarRocks is generating critical new insights for these data-driven businesses. To learn more, please visit: https://StarRocks.com
Media Contact: Kim Pegnato, PR for StarRocks [email protected]781-835-7118
Source: StarRocks Inc.